Ever have days where artsy stuff just doesn’t go to plan?
Yesterday I felt great, super start to the day with lots of love from fellow crafters on Facebook boosting my self esteem.
Then…everything I tried to do was rubbish. My canvas that I prepped last week got wiped clean twice!!
So I Google what to do if you lose your mojo and these were the top 8 tips.
- Go back to basics, draw or make something simple that requires no real thought to just enjoy the process again.
- Exercise. Release those endorphins.
- Get out and about, travel, visit somewhere new, breathe fresh air.
- Listen to music, relax and chill out.
- Keep a notebook for ideas…if you are anything like me you will forget otherwise.
- Make something random perhaps in a different media than you are used to.
- Prep your tools and brushes etc the night before so you are ready to begin.
- Give yourself a workspace…sometimes painting in the kitchen with a pile of washing up staring at you and folks popping in and out isn’t conducive to keeping the flow.
So today I tried 1,2,3 and 6. I even moulded a pair of puppet hands out of resin, that was new.
Tomorrow I’m going work on creating a workspace that isn’t necessarily my kitchen 🙂
Any more mojo ideas gratefully received. #mojo #toptips #art